2018 CSC Sailing Festival Regatta
A fortunate weekend to complete seven races for 2018 CSC Sailing Festival Regatta, the last race of the monsoon racing season. On day 1, with consistent NE winds and sailor’s great hard work, managed to secure 4 races. Steve Manning’s Red Rum despite finishing the races with line honours, it was not enough to stop Waka Tere helmed by Kurt Metzger to sweep 4 bullets. However, Invictus skippered by Justin Lean and Born in Fire Pascal Radue on helm battled on 3rd placing.
On PY class, A great racing skills from Souhern Light helmed by Leslie Sharpe strongly holding on the top of the podium. It’s between New Blue Eyes and impressive Ikaroa to which gets the second best spot, while Minx skippered by Lucas needs to be ahead of these boats to get a better placing. On the other hand, Balqis on Zaheera Hashim on helm maintaing the pace.
Scott McCook, a pro multihull saiors shows what racing on this boat is all about, his great contender Martin Pickrodt finishing next to him.Nigel Signal, hard work pays off for possible podium. Cruising Multihulls, Cicak skippered by Tim Hill and Dash Boot Clive Van Onselen on the helm exchaning places for the top spot.Deborah Barker’s AbracaDeborah joined them on 2nd day, even with 2 bullets, it was not enough to outwin Cicak from the podium place.
Packed with exciting actions and probably tiring day for sailors. Backed to the bar early to grab the thirst quenching beer! Day 2, the exact opposite of day 1. Unconsistent wind and threatening storm, challenging day for race committee. A slow start for Race 5. A promising fresh breeze, sailors were sent to course no.7 the longest course for Race 6, unfortunately, with the rain and wind dies off, race 6 was shortened. Rushing back to start line for the last race fortunately, wind came in fair enough to allow all the boats to finish to a shortened course for race 7.
Overall winners was declared when sailors gathered back at the bar with chilled beers, great tasting burgers and fries served.
2018 CSC Sailing Festival Regatta winners:
- Cruising Multihull : 1. Clive Van Onselen “Dash Boot” 2. Tim Hill “Cicak”
- Beach Catamaran : 1. Scott McCook 2. Nigel Signal “Stray Catz” 3. Martin Pickrodt
- Keelboat Club Racer 😕 1. Leslie Sharpe “Southern Light” 2. Zaheera Hashim “Balqis” 3. Jon Button “New Blue Eyes”
- IRC : 1. Kurt Metzger “Waka Tere” 2. Pascal Radue “Born In Fire” 3. Steve Manning “Red Rum”
And for the SailFest Overall Leaderboard, here are the winners:
- Cruising Multihull : 1. Deborah Barker “AbracaDeborah” 2. Tim Hill “Cicak” 3. Michael Chia “Eepai”
- Beach Catamaran : 1. Nigel Signal “Stray Catz” 2. Dough Fimmell “Madfish II” 3. Scott McCook
- Keelboat Club : Racer 1. Jon Button “New Blue Eyes” 2. Michael Kaus “Ikaroa” 3. Lucas Van Maarschalkerweerd
- IRC : 1. Kurt Metzger “Waka Tere” 2. Pascal Radue “Born In Fire” 3. Justin Lean “Invictus”
We would like to thank everyone for joining us throughout this monsoon racing season and for supporting us to be a great racing place in the island. Sailors will have a break for Easter Week and will be back in action on April 7 for Race 1 of Twilight Series I. See you at the club! Enjoy the photos!
- Singapore – Langkawi Round Trip Cruise on Eriphine! - 14th May 2019
- Sunday Series I 2019 – Race 1 - 25th March 2019
- 2-Island Race 2019 - 24th February 2019