Eco-Sailing Day 2022
The Club is organizing a coastal clean-up at Ketam Channel on 15 May 2022. Paired with an overnighter in the anchorage on Saturday night, all keelboat and trimaran owners are
The Club is organizing a coastal clean-up at Ketam Channel on 15 May 2022. Paired with an overnighter in the anchorage on Saturday night, all keelboat and trimaran owners are welcome to join us.
|14th May, 1830hrs
|Depart for Ketam after Twilight I Race 3
|Changi Sailing Club
|14th May, 1930hrs
|Arrive at Ketam
|15th May, 0830hrs
|Arrival of Safety Boat for trash transport
|15th May, 0900hrs-1030hrs
|Ketam Waterway Clean-Up (using tenders, kayaks, dinghies, etc)
|Ketam / Ubin
|15th May, 1030hrs
|Transfer Trash to Safety Boat
|15th May, 1100hrs
|Depart for CSC
|15th May, 1200hrs
|Arrive at CSC & Trash Disposal
|Changi Sailing Club, end of Jetty
Things to take note:
- #BYOB (Bring your own bags!). Bring Your Own Beer also can. Jokes aside – to encourage less waste, please do not buy trash bags just for this activity!
- Tongs and Gloves – as there may be unidentified sharp objects, please use appropriate PPE.
- All communications will be on VHF Channel 77.
- Ensure working engine and AIS onboard.
- If applicable, apply for MPA Cruising Permit.
- If you wish to take part in the clean-up but not stay overnight, you may depart early on 15th May (8am) and join the fleet.
CSC Beach Clean-up (9am-10am)
If you wish to take part in the clean-up but do not have a keelboat/trimaran to participate, we are also organizing a mini beach clean-up along our sailing club’s immediate beachfront. This takes place from 9am-10am. The people to look for are Coach Liam & Angela. They will be leading their youth sailors to conduct a quick sweep of the beach before commencing the usual optimist programmes at 10am.
A big green bin will be place near the entrance of the Jetty. All trash collected from both clean-up activities may be placed in this bin.
Please respond to email@example.com to register your interest.
(Sunday) 4:43 am - 4:43 am
Welcome to our secret hideaway on Singapore’s northeastern rim. At the water’s edge and beneath coconut trees in rhythm to the winds, we invite you to escape the hustle and bustle of the city with us in our version of paradise.
Changi Sailing Club
32 Netheravon Rd,
Fax: +65 6542 4235
Tel: +65 6545 2876
Lat 01 20.2 ‘ N.
Long. 104 03.8 ‘ E