The Club is organizing a coastal clean-up at Ketam Channel on 15 May 2022. Paired with an overnighter in the anchorage on Saturday night, all keelboat and trimaran owners are
The Club is organizing a coastal clean-up at Ketam Channel on 15 May 2022. Paired with an overnighter in the anchorage on Saturday night, all keelboat and trimaran owners are welcome to join us.
|14th May, 1830hrs||Depart for Ketam after Twilight I Race 3||Changi Sailing Club|
|14th May, 1930hrs||Arrive at Ketam||Ketam Channel|
|15th May, 0830hrs||Arrival of Safety Boat for trash transport||Ketam Channel|
|15th May, 0900hrs-1030hrs||Ketam Waterway Clean-Up (using tenders, kayaks, dinghies, etc)||Ketam / Ubin|
|15th May, 1030hrs||Transfer Trash to Safety Boat||Ketam Channel|
|15th May, 1100hrs||Depart for CSC||Ketam Channel|
|15th May, 1200hrs||Arrive at CSC & Trash Disposal||Changi Sailing Club, end of Jetty|
Things to take note:
- #BYOB (Bring your own bags!). Bring Your Own Beer also can. Jokes aside – to encourage less waste, please do not buy trash bags just for this activity!
- Tongs and Gloves – as there may be unidentified sharp objects, please use appropriate PPE.
- All communications will be on VHF Channel 77.
- Ensure working engine and AIS onboard.
- If applicable, apply for MPA Cruising Permit.
- If you wish to take part in the clean-up but not stay overnight, you may depart early on 15th May (8am) and join the fleet.
CSC Beach Clean-up (9am-10am)
If you wish to take part in the clean-up but do not have a keelboat/trimaran to participate, we are also organizing a mini beach clean-up along our sailing club’s immediate beachfront. This takes place from 9am-10am. The people to look for are Coach Liam & Angela. They will be leading their youth sailors to conduct a quick sweep of the beach before commencing the usual optimist programmes at 10am.
A big green bin will be place near the entrance of the Jetty. All trash collected from both clean-up activities may be placed in this bin.
Please respond to [email protected] to register your interest.
(Sunday) 4:43 am - 4:43 am